A long established staple in the event calendar of every maritime industry stakeholder in the Baltic Sea region – the Baltic Ports Conference – will take place on 6-7 September 2018 in Szczecin, Poland. CEF II (2021 – 2027) budget, port investments and energy supply are just some of the topics of this year’s edition.
Agenda in a nutshell
The programme of each and every edition of the Baltic Ports Conference is carefully tailored to the current market situation. Here are some of this year’s key topics:
• State of the market in Europe and the Baltic region: impact on the European maritime transport sector
• Brexit. Impact on the European port sector and way forward
• Polish economy and industry now and beyond 2020 and what does it mean for the port sector
• Financing growth – EU budget For 2021 –2027 and the role of financial institutions in project financing
• Ports: gates to regional and global energy markets
• How should ports approach the energy transition and EU’s energy policy
Exclusive tour – the LNG terminal in Świnoujście
The BPC 2018 will give the participants the unique possibility to visit and tour the LNG terminal in Świnoujście. This exclusive opportunity will be a chance for a true first-hand LNG experience.
With the terminal’s expansion on the horizon, it will be very exciting to learn more about the future plans of its operators and its possible role as the gate to the CEE gas market.